Penguins “Salute the Troops” on February 23
Team asks for help in collecting items for military members overseas
– The Penguins’ annual SALUTE THE TROOPS will be held on Saturday, February 23 and the team is asking for the fans’ support in providing much-needed amenities for our troops overseas.
The Penguins and the Tobyhanna Army Depot will be holding a care package collection at the East Gate of the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza prior to the game against the Connecticut Whale.
Fans are encouraged to put together care packages or donate items which will be sent to currently-deployed military members through Tobyhanna Army Depot's Operation Santa Claus.
The following essential and comfort items are especially needed:
- Small Travel Kits, including Body Lotion, Shampoo, Deodorant, Toothpaste & Toothbrush, Lens Cleaning Towelettes, Comb, Shave Cream
- Small Medical/First Aid Kits, including 2 Caplet Packs of Advil, Imodium, Pepcid, etc
- Sunscreen (SPF30)
- Powdered Drink Mix (such as Gatorade or Powerade)
- Candy/Snacks That Won't Melt (Trail Mix, Raisins, Gum, Peanuts, Beef Jerky)
- Ink Pens
- Light Reading Books (Reader's Digest, Crossword Books, etc)
- Disposable Razors
- Pre-Moistened Towels
- Travel Size Tissues
- Ear Plugs
The Penguins will also be wearing special military-themed jerseys during the contest. Fans will be able to bid on these sweaters during the game at the Penguins Jersey Auction stand located above the Zamboni Chute.
Special SALUTE THE TROOPS mystery pucks will also be available on the concourse for $10 apiece. Each puck is signed by a Penguins player and individually wrapped, so fans won’t know whose puck they are walking away with until they are opened. Select pucks will be marked with prize stickers, and fans receiving one of those will take home a game-used stick.
Fans can also purchase Patriotic Penguins T-shirts to benefit the team’s Tickets For Troops program at the East Gate before the game. These short sleeved T-shirts feature the Penguins triangle logo with an American Flag motif, and come in red, white or blue. Each shirt costs $20 and with every shirt purchased, a ticket will be donated to the Tickets for Troops program, which provides free tickets to active military members and their families.
Fewer than 400 seats remain for the game between the Penguins and Whale. Seats are available by visiting the Mohegan Sun Arena box office, logging on to www.ticketmaster.com
, or by calling 800-745-3000.