Penguins Close Out 2013 with New Year’s Eve Tilt Versus Crunch
Fri., Dec. 27– PENGUINS 1 vs. Norfolk 3
Admirals goaltender John Gibson made 26-of-27 stops to limit the Penguins offense in a 3-1 win for Norfolk. Tom Kostopoulos netted his team-leading 11th goal in the loss.
Sat., Dec. 28 – Penguins 1 at HERSHEY 2 (SO)
Hershey rode a 30-save performance from goalie David Leggio, who also turned aside 4-of-5 in the shootout for a 2-1 victory over the Penguins. Mike Carman gave W-B/Scranton a 1-0 lead in the second period with his third tally of the year.
The Week Ahead
Tue., Dec. 31– PENGUINS vs. Syracuse
The Crunch have gone 2-6-0-2 in the month of December and are in fifth place in the East Division, eight points behind the Penguins. W-B/Scranton edged Syracuse, 2-1, in their last meeting on Dec. 21.
Fri., Jan. 3 – Penguins at HARTFORD
W-B/Scranton makes its only trip of the season to Hartford. The Wolf Pack sit in fifth in the Northeast Division with a record of 11-16-0-4. Hartford visits the Pens on Jan. 11.
Sat., Jan. 4 – PENGUINS vs. Manchester
At 22-7-1-4, the Monarchs are atop the Eastern Conference standings. The Penguins scored a 4-3 overtime victory in Manchester on Oct. 20.
Sun., Jan. 5 – PENGUINS vs. Binghamton
The Senators have won four in a row to take over the top spot in the division (18-9-0-3). Mike Hoffman is tied for second in the AHL with 33 points (18g-15a).
- Former Bear Mike Carman has scored for the Penguins in their last two games at Hershey.
- The Penguins have allowed just one power play goal in their last six games (21-for-22).
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has a record of 9-1-1-1 in Saturday games.
- This past weekend was only the third time this season that the Penguins lost consecutive games.
- Despite scoring just six goals in their last five contests, the Penguins have gone 2-2-0-1.
40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 · 570-208-7367
© 2014 WBS Hockey LP. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CirrusLab