Fri., Apr. 25 – Penguins 3 at BINGHAMTON 2 (OT)
Anton Zlobin’s first pro playoff goal was the deciding tally at 8:40 of the first overtime as the Penguins took Game 1 of the best-of-five series with a 3-2 win over the Senators. Harry Zolnierczyk also scored in his pro postseason debut, while Andrew Ebbett netted a shorthanded goal for W-B/Scranton. Peter Mannino stopped 27-of-29 in net for the Penguins.
Sat., Apr. 26 – Penguins 3 at BINGHAMTON 4 (OT)
Stephane Da Costa’s two tallies included the overtime game-winner as the Senators rallied from two goals down to earn a 4-3 victory and even the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal at one. Mark Stone figured in all of Binghamton’s scoring with a goal and three assists in the contest. In his first playoff appearance for W-B/Scranton, Mike Carman posted a goal and an assist.
The Week Ahead
Wed., Apr. 30 – PENGUINS vs. Binghamton – Game 3 ECQF
Fri., May 2 – PENGUINS vs. Binghamton – Game 4 ECQF
*Mon., May 5 – Penguins at BINGHAMTON – Game 5 ECQF
W-B/Scranton and Binghamton continue their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series as the Senators visit Mohegan Sun Arena for Games 3 and 4 this week. This is the third meeting all-time between the Penguins and Senators in the postseason. W-B/Scranton defeated Binghamton in six games during the 2005 East Division Semifinal and also swept the 2013 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal. Before Saturday’s loss, the Penguins had won eight straight playoff games against the Senators. The victory for Binghamton was its first since claiming the 2011 Calder Cup in Game 6 against the Houston Aeros. The team that has scored first has yet to win a game in this series.
- Andrew Ebbett’s shorthanded goal was the Penguins’ first in the postseason since Warren Peters scored in Game 2 of last year’s Eastern Conference Semifinal series versus the Providence Bruins.
- Tom Kostopoulos is one away from tying W-B/Scranton’s all-time mark for assists in the playoffs, set by defenseman Alex Goligoski (29).
- Kostopoulos stands as the Penguins’ all-time leader with 40 playoff points (12g-28a).
- W-B/Scranton has a series record of 10-2 when winning the first game.
- The Penguins have an all-time record of 15-14 in Game 3.
- W-B/Scranton is now 24-18 in overtime during the playoffs.
- Dating back to the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs, the Penguins have won four of their last six postseason contests that have gone past regulation.
- Eight of the 11 games between the Penguins and Senators in the playoffs have been decided by one goal. W-B/Scranton is 7-1 in those contests.
- In the nine series that the Penguins have been tied, 1-1, the winner of Game 3 has gone on to win seven times.
40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 · 570-208-7367
© 2014 WBS Hockey LP. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CirrusLab