Fri., Oct. 18 – PENGUINS 6 vs. Adirondack 3
Jayson Megna scored twice, including the shorthanded game-winner, to help the Penguins skate past the Phantoms in the first of a three-game weekend. Brian Gibbons added a goal and two assists, while Adam Payerl and Tom Kuhnhackl each collected their first marker of the season.
Sat., Oct. 19 – Penguins 3 at WORCESTER 2
On this night, it was Tom Kuhnhackl with a two-goal performance, helping W-B/Scranton rally thanks in part to a power play tally with 39.6 seconds remaining. In his first start of the season, Peter Mannino stopped 28-of-30 to earn the win for the Penguins
Sun., Oct. 20 – Penguins 4 at MANCHESTER 3 (OT)
Gibbons continued his torrid start, figuring in all the Penguins scoring with two goals and two assists. Gibbons set up the game-winner for Brendan Mikkelson just 22 seconds into overtime. Mike Carman also recorded two helpers for W-B/Scranton.
The Week Ahead
Fri., Oct. 25 – Penguins at Binghamton
The Senators have the best power play in the league with a success rate of 30.4%. They went a perfect 4-for-4 on Oct. 20 at Bridgeport. This will be the first of eight meetings between W-B/Scranton and Binghamton.
Sat., Oct. 26 – PENGUINS vs. Norfolk
At 3-1-0-2, Norfolk is tied for second place in the East Division with the Senators. The Admirals went 5-3-0-0 against the Penguins last season and have won four straight in Wilkes-Barre. Kevin Gagne ranks first both among rookies and defensemen with five power play assists.
· The Penguins are a perfect 4-0 on the road and are outscoring opponents 18-10.
· Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has a 15-4 goal advantage in the third period.
· Wilkes-Barre/Scranton leads the league in offense, scoring 4.50 goals per game.
· Brian Gibbons recorded a career-high four points (2g-2a) on Sunday at Manchester and figured in all of the scoring in the Penguins’ 4-3 overtime win over the Monarchs.
· Gibbons has four multi-point performances in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s first six games.
· Both of Jayson Megna’s game-winners have come while shorthanded.
· Head Coach John Hynes gathered his 150th win with the Penguins in Sunday’s overtime victory over Manchester.
40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 · 570-208-7367
© 2015 WBS Hockey LP. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CirrusLab