Fri., Nov. 1 – PENGUINS 3 vs. Hershey 2 (OT)
Twice the Penguins erased one-goal deficits during regulation before Brendan Mikkelson scored on the power play with 24.7 seconds left in overtime to give W-B/Scranton the win. Nick Drazenovic (3a) and Tom Kostopoulos (1g-2a) each collected three points. Jeff Deslauriers stopped Matt Watkins on a shorthanded penalty shot in the extra session.
Sat., Nov. 2 – Penguins 4 at HERSHEY 2
Trailing 2-0 after the first period, the Penguins scored four unanswered goals to sweep the weekend series against the Bears. Harry Zolnierczyk and Tom Kuhnhackl each tallied their fifth goal of the season. W-B/Scranton’s Andrew Ebbett netted the fourth shorthanded goal of the year for the team.
The Week Ahead
Wed., Nov. 6 – PENGUINS vs. Syracuse
The Crunch had their five-game winning streak halted on Nov. 2 in a 4-2 loss to the Binghamton Senators. Forward Nikita Kucherov was named AHL Player of the Week, tallying five goals and four assists for nine points in three contests.
Fri., Nov. 8 – PENGUINS vs. Albany
After opening the season with a 5-1-0-1 record, the Devils have dropped four straight and now sit in fourth place in the Northeast Division. Albany is allowing just 24 shots per game, fewest in the AHL this season.
Sun., Nov. 10 – Penguins at SPRINGFIELD
Springfield swept a two-game set against Hartford last weekend to raise its record to 7-2-0-1 and pull within a point of the Wolf Pack for first place in the Northeast. Jake Hansen ranks first in the league with three shorthanded goals. Mike McKenna’s 1.92 GAA is third-best among goaltenders.
· The Penguins have the league’s best winning percentage at .850 (8-1-0-1).
· Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is outscoring opponents, 19-5, in the third period.
· The last time the Penguins swept a home-and-home series versus Hershey was Dec. 26 and 27, 2000.
· Tom Kuhnhackl became the fourth player on Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with two game-winning goals this season.
· Goaltender Jeff Deslauriers has yet to lose in regulation this season, having gone 7-0-1 so far with a 2.33 goals against average and a .905 save percentage.
· Both of Brendan Mikkelson’s goals have been overtime game-winners.
· On Nov. 1, Tom Kostopoulos recorded the 300th assist of his pro career.
40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 · 570-208-7367
© 2016 WBS Hockey LP. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CirrusLab