Fri., Nov. 15 – Penguins 5 at SYRACUSE 3
Simon Despres recorded a goal and two assists in the first period as the Penguins raced out to a 3-0 lead en route to a 5-3 victory. Brian Gibbons also posted a three-point night (1g-2a) as Jeff Deslauriers made 24 saves for W-B/Scranton.
Sat., Nov. 16 – PENGUINS 3 vs. Hershey 1
W-B/Scranton made it 4-for-4 this season against Hershey with a 3-1 victory on home ice. Brian Gibbons netted his second shorthanded goal of the season.
The Week Ahead
Wed., Nov. 20 – Penguins at ROCHESTER
The Americans occupy first place in the North Division with a record of 7-4-2-2. Luke Adam currently leads the AHL with four game-winning goals, including the decisive tally in Rochester’s last two victories. He is tied for the most goals in the league (13) and also ranks first with seven markers on the power play. Rochester is 0-3-1-1 versus the East Division this season. The Amerks have the third-ranked power play, clicking at a 24.6% success rate.
Fri., Nov. 22 – PENGUINS vs. St. John’s
Sat., Nov. 23 – PENGUINS vs. St. John’s
St. John’s begins a six-game road swing with two games versus the Penguins in Wilkes-Barre. The IceCaps hosted a three-game set against the Worcester Sharks last week with the home team going 1-0-0-2 as all three matches went into overtime. Goalie Eddie Pasquale has played the most minutes this season (841:21) and ranks second in saves (398).
- Simon Despres and Brian Gibbons are tied for the league lead with a +13 plus/minus rating.
- Tom Kostopoulos is six away from his 500th point as a pro.
- W-B/Scranton is 8-0-0-0 with Jayson Megna in the line-up.
- The Penguins have a 6-1-0-2 record against East Division opponents.
- Brendan Mikkelson is tied for the longest current road assist streak (8) and road point streak (2g-7a) in the AHL – both standing at seven games.
- The Penguins have totaled the most third-period goals in the league this season and are outscoring opponents, 25-9, in the frame.
-Gibbons made his NHL debut on Monday, registering a goal and assist in Pittsburgh’s 3-1 win over Anaheim.
40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 · 570-208-7367
© 2014 WBS Hockey LP. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CirrusLab