Wed., Sept. 25 – Penguins 2 at ROCHESTER (OT)
Eric Locke’s goal at 2:56 of the overtime gave the Americans a 3-2 win over the Penguins at Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex in upstate New York. Denver Manderson and Paul Thompson provided the scoring for W-B/Scranton. Rookie goalie Eric Hartzell made 14-of-16 saves. Andy Chido suffered the loss in relief, stopping 15-of-16.
Fri., Sept. 27 – PENGUINS 3 vs. Rochester 2 (OT)
W-B/Scranton turned the tables on Friday night at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza with their own 3-2 overtime victory against Rochester. Mike Ratchuk tied the score with just 2.7 seconds left in regulation, scoring on the power play with the extra attacker. Cody Sylvester potted the deciding tally at 2:16 of the extra session. Hartzell earned win, making 11 saves on 12 shots over 31:01 of play.
Sat., Sept. 28 – Penguins 1 at HERSHEY 6
Six different Bears players found the back of the net as Hershey downed W-B/Scranton, 6-1, in preseason action at GIANT CENTER. Adam Payerl notched the lone goal for the Penguins, knotting the score at one at 6:18 of the first period. David Marshall led the offensive charge for Hershey with two goals and two assists. Goalie Jeff Deslauriers came into game midway through the second period and turned aside 21-of-23 for the Penguins.
Sat., Sept. 28 – PENGUINS 2 vs. Hershey 1
In the final preseason game for both teams, Philip Samuelsson’s goal at 7:58 of the third helped the Penguins pull out a 2-1 win over the Bears in Wilkes-Barre. Nick Drazenovic put W-B/Scranton ahead, 1-0, with a 5-on-3 goal in the first. Ryan Stoa evened the contest early in the second. Eric Hartzell went the distance, stopping 20-of-21.
· W-B/Scranton finished the preseason with a record of
2-1-1-0, winning both contests at home.
· Rookie goaltender Eric Hartzell was in net for both Penguins victories. He posted a record of 2-0-0 over three appearances with a 1.99 goals against average and a .918 save percentage.
· Brian Gibbons led all W-B/Scranton skaters with three points, recording an assist in all three games that he appeared.
· The Penguins take the ice for their 15th season when they face off against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Saturday.
· For just the third time in team history, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton will open its season on the road. The Penguins are 6-8-0-0 all-time in their season openers and 7-7-0-0 in road openers.
· Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has an all-time record of 32-23-5-2 versus the Sound Tigers.
· John Hynes enters his fourth season as Head Coach of the Penguins. He has a record of 144-76-4-8 with W-B/Scranton and is first all-time on the team in wins.
40 Coal Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 · 570-208-7367
© 2015 WBS Hockey LP. All Rights Reserved. Powered by CirrusLab