The Penguins annual SALUTE TO THE TROOPS is coming up on Friday, February 5, and we've come up with a way for our fans to truly show their support of our troops overseas.
Prior to the game against the Syracuse Crunch, the Penguins and the Tobyhanna Army Depot will be holding a Care Package Collection at the East Gate.
Fans are encouraged to put together care packages or donate items which will be sent to currently deployed military members through Operation Touch Of Home (www.operationtouchofhome.org), a Monroe County based non-profit organization.
Essential and comfort items from the following list are especially needed:
- Small Travel Kits, Including Body Lotion, Shampoo, Deodorant, Toothpaste & Toothbrush, Lens Cleaning Towelette, Comb, Shave Cream
- Small Medical/First Aid Kits, Including 2 Caplet Packs of Advil, Imodium, Pepcid, etc
- Sunscreen (SPF30)
- Powdered Drink Mix- (such as Gatorade or Powerade)
- Beef Jerky
- Candy/Snacks That Won't Melt (Trail Mix, Raisins, Gum)
- Ink Pens
- Light Reading Books ( Reader's Digest, Cross word books, etc)
- Disposable Razors
- Pre-Moistened Towels
- Travel Size Tissues
- Ear Plugs
The Penguins will also be wearing special military-themed jerseys during the contest. Fans will be able to bid on these sweaters during the game at the Penguins Jersey Auction stand behind section 101 on the concourse. Proceeds from the silent auction will benefit the Penguins Charity Fund.
The Tobyhanna Army Depot will also have information displays throughout the arena concourse during the game, and will have several military vehicles on display outside prior to game time.
To purchase tickets for the Salute to the Troops, contact the Penguins at 208-7367.