The Penguins GOALS Foundation is dedicated to serving the community through a variety of interactive charity and community service programs. The Foundation emphasizes education and compassion with programs that strive to improve the quality of life by educating youth and supporting the underprivileged.
The Foundation would like to accommodate all requests received; however, due to the vast number of requests we receive on a regular basis it is impossible to do so. The following Donation Guidelines were developed to create consistency and fairness to organizations seeking our support.
- The Foundation donates memorabilia to nonprofit and charitable fundraising events throughout the local, northeastern Pennsylvania area.
- The Foundation does not make monetary contributions.
- The Foundation will only donate to an organization once in a 12-month period.
- Please note that we do not consider donation requests for for-profit organizations/groups or if the donation would not be used for fundraising (i.e. employee recognition/incentive programs, family reunions, weddings, etc.).
- The Foundation does not accept items (i.e. jerseys, sticks or photos) from any organization to be autographed for fundraising events. Any items sent to us or dropped off will automatically be returned to the sender.
- All requests must be made at least 4-to-6 weeks in advance – no exceptions.
- Submission of this application does not guarantee a donation. If your donation request is approved, the donation must be picked up at the Pittsburgh GOALS Foundation office.
- All requests must include a WBS Penguins Charity Request Form (download here) and a letter on organization letterhead detailing the charity event.
Send request to:
Penguins GOALS Foundation
40 Coal Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
OR fax to: 570-208-5432
Due to the large volume of requests we receive, e-mail and phone message requests are NOT accepted.
Failure to include the following information may result in denial. All requests must include:
- Description/mission of the organization
- Date, time and location of event
- Event purpose/beneficiary
- How item will be used (raffle, door prize, auction)
- Verification of 501(c) (3) (non-profit status) (if applicable)
- Contact name, telephone number and complete street address.
We do not mail donations. All donations MUST be picked up at the Penguins Team Store in Wilkes-Barre prior to the event. Requests for special appearances, speakers, and participation in community events will be handled on a case-by-case basis.