Penguins look ahead to busy weekend still holding first place
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (37-11-3-0) end of season-long six-game homestand and hit the road
Wednesday, Feb. 8 – PENGUINS 0 vs. St. John’s 4
The IceCaps used a four-goal second period to shut-out the Pens and earn the win in their final visit to Mohegan Sun Arena.
Friday, Feb. 10 – PENGUINS 4 vs. Hershey 3 (OT)
The Penguins and Bears delivered another thrilling contest, but Wilkes-Barre/Scranton made it a perfect four-for-four in overtime this season against their rival. Kevin Porter had a four-point night (1G-4A), including the OT game-winner.
Saturday, Feb. 11 – PENGUINS 4 vs. Binghamton 2
Sahir Gill earned the first two-goal game of his AHL career as the Penguins held off the Senators to win the season series, 5-1-0-0. Jarrett Burton posted his first AHL assist, too.
Tuesday, Feb. 14 – PENGUINS 5 vs. Lehigh Valley 1
The Penguins earned another big win over their division rival, evening the season series at 2-2-0-0. Oskar Sundqvist scored twice while Dominik Simon, J.S. Dea, Teddy Blueger and Gill also put forth two-point performances.
The Week Ahead
Friday, Feb. 17 – PENGUINS at Albany
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton travels to upstate New York to take on Albany for first and only time at Times Union Center. The Pens won the two clubs’ first meeting in October, 3-1.
Saturday, Feb. 18 – PENGUINS at Springfield
The Thunderbirds have sunk to sixth place in the Atlantic, but has split the season series with the Pens. Both teams have won twice in four head-to-head clashes in 2016-17.
Sunday, Feb. 19 – PENGUINS at Providence
The Penguins and P-Bruins drop the puck for the fourth of six meetings. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is 2-1-0-0 against Providence.
– The Penguins are 11-2-1-0 when coming off of a loss this season.
– The Penguins are 16-1-1-0 in the second game of back-to-backs.
– Team captain Tom Kostopoulos earned his 200th AHL goal with the tying tally in Friday’s contest with Hershey.
– Kevin Porter’s four-point game on Friday was his first since Oct. 9, 2009 when he was a member of the San Antonio Rampage.
– Friday’s game was Garrett Wilson’s 400th professional game.
– Porter has 12 points (2G-10A) in his last nine games.
– Rookie Teddy Blueger has 13 points (2G-11A) in his last 12 games.
– David Warsofsky leads the entire AHL with a plus-32 rating.
– Tristan Jarry leads the league with 22 wins.
|2. Lehigh Valley||49||32||15||2||0||66||.673|
* = rookie
^ = currently with Pittsburgh
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Fri, Feb. 17 Albany Times Union Center 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Feb. 18 Springfield MassMutual Center 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Feb. 19 Providence Dunkin’ Donuts Center 3:05 p.m.
Sat, Feb. 11 (C) Jarrett Burton Recalled from WHL
Fri, Feb. 10 (RW) Josh Archibald Recalled by PIT