PENGUINS WEEKLY – 11/6/18
Penguins continue five-game road stretch through the weekend
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (6-4-0-1) looks to get back in the win column with upcoming three-in-three
Friday, Nov. 2 – PENGUINS 5 vs. Hartford 3
The power play dictated the offense in the Penguins’ and Wolf Pack’s first matchup of the season. Five of the eight goals scored came on the man advantage, but the Penguins came out on top thanks to an edge at even strength. Ethan Prow recorded the first three-point game (1G-2A) of his career.
Saturday, Nov. 3 – PENGUINS 2 vs. Hartford 3
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton lost the second game of a back-to-back set with Hartford, 3-2, on Saturday night. The Penguins’ comeback bid was thwarted by a 35-save showing by Wolf Pack goalie Marek Mazanec.
Sunday, Nov. 4 – PENGUINS 5 at Bridgeport 8
The Penguins fell to the Sound Tigers, 8-5, despite a furious recovery attempt in the final frame. The Pens scored a season-high four goals in the third period, and Zach Aston-Reese had the first hat trick of his career. Prow notched another three-point game (3A).
The Week Ahead
Friday, Nov. 2 – PENGUINS at Providence
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton takes on the Providence Bruins at Dunkin’ Donuts Center for the first time this season. The Bruins rank last in the Eastern Conference with a 3-7-1-0 record.
Saturday, Nov. 3 – PENGUINS at Hartford
The Penguins face the Wolf Pack again, this time at XL Center. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is 11-1-1-0 in its last 13 visits to Hartford.
Sunday, Nov. 4 – PENGUINS at Providence
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton returns to Dunkin’ Donuts Center for another showdown with Providence. Last season, the Pens and P-Bruins split the season series with three wins apiece, but Wilkes-Barre/Scranton only won once on the road (Feb. 11).
– Zach Aston-Reese’s hat trick on Sunday also marked the first four-point game of his career (3G-1A).
– Tristan Jarry played in his 100th AHL game on Saturday, making him the fourth goalie in franchise history to play 100 games with the Penguins.
– Ethan Prow is tied for the second-best plus/minus rating among AHL defenseman at plus-11.
– Rookie Sam Lafferty is on a three-game point streak and has five points (2G-3A) in those three games.
– Lafferty leads the Penguins with three multi-point games this season.
1. Charlotte Checkers (10-1-0-0, 20 PTS)
2. Springfield Thunderbirds (7-1-0-2, 16 PTS)
3. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (6-3-1-1, 14 PTS)
4. W-B/Scranton Penguins (6-4-0-1, 13 PTS)
5. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (6-5-1-0, 13 PTS)
6. Hartford Wolf Pack (6-7-0-1, 13 PTS)
7. Hershey Bears (5-7-1-1, 12 PTS)
8. Providence Bruins (3-7-1-0, 7 PTS)
Garrett Wilson… 11 GP: 6 goals + 5 assists = 11 points
Sam Lafferty*… 11 GP: 3 goals + 7 assists = 10 points
Zach Aston-Reese… 11 GP: 6 goals + 3 assists = 9 points
Ethan Prow… 11 GP: 4 goals + 5 assists = 9 points
four players tied… 6 points
Anthony Peters… 5 GP: 3-1-0 / 2.96 GAA / .907 sv% / 1 shutout
Tristan Jarry… 7 GP: 3-3-1 / 3.14 GAA / .897 sv%
* = rookie
^ = currently with Pittsburgh
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Fri, Nov. 9 Providence Dunkin’ Donuts Center 7:05 p.m.
Sat, Nov. 10 Hartford XL Center 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Nov. 11 Providence Dunkin’ Donuts Center 3:05 p.m.