PENGUINS WEEKLY – 3/19/19
Four Atlantic Division games populate Penguins’ upcoming schedule
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton (30-24-6-3) to play seismic three-in-three this weekend
Wednesday, Mar. 13 – PENGUINS 4 at Lehigh Valley 1
Jimmy Hayes’ hat trick led the Penguins over their Keystone State rival. Hayes’ three goals stole the show, but Tristan Jarry’s 38 saves proved key in downing the Phantoms.
Saturday, Mar. 16 – PENGUINS 2 vs. Providence 1 (OT)
Adam Johnson scored the overtime winner for Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton to snatch the extra point from Providence. ATO rookie Jake Lucchini potted his first pro goal after the two clubs played 36 minutes of scoreless action.
Sunday, Mar. 16 – PENGUINS 2 vs. Toronto 4
A pair of late second-period goals powered the defending Calder Cup champs past the Pens. Hayes continued his hot run, and Jarrett Burton made things interesting with a late third-period tally, but it wasn’t enough to pull off a comeback.
The Week Ahead
Tuesday, Mar. 19 – PENGUINS at Hershey
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton looks to extinguish Hershey’s six-game point streak in the final of 12 season meetings. The Penguins trail in the season series, 3-6-0-2.
Friday, Mar. 22 – PENGUINS vs. Lehigh Valley
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton leads the season series 5-3-0-0 with four matchups remaining, but this is the final showdown at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Saturday, Mar. 23 – PENGUINS at Lehigh Valley
The Penguins are 3-0-0-0 at PPL Center this season. The Phantoms have the best penalty kill in the league (86.2%).
Sunday, Mar. 24 – PENGUINS vs. Springfield
The Pens have points in all four of their games against the T-Birds this season (3-0-1-0). J.S. Dea makes his return to NEPA along with Springfield’s conference-leading power play (24.5%).
– Eight of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s last 13 games have gone to overtime.
– Tristan Jarry has started 10 straight games for the Penguins, posting a record of 5-3-2 and a .932 save percentage.
– Jarry recorded the lone assist on Jimmy Hayes’ goal on Sunday, increasing his lead on the franchise’s all-time record for career points by a goalie (7).
– Ethan Prow is on a five-game point streak with assists in the past four contests.
– Jimmy Hayes has 11 points (8G-3A) in the past nine games and seven points (5G-2A) in the past four matchups.
1. Charlotte Checkers (41-15-6-1, 89 PTS)
2. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (37-20-5-2, 81 PTS)
3. Hershey Bears (35-22-3-4, 77 PTS)
4. Providence Bruins (32-22-8-2, 74 PTS)
5. PENGUINS (30-24-6-3, 69 PTS)
6. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (31-27-3-3, 68 PTS)
7. Springfield Thunderbirds (27-26-7-5, 66 PTS)
8. Hartford Wolf Pack (28-29-6-3, 65 PTS)
Ethan Prow… 62 GP: 17 goals + 29 assists = 46 points
Adam Johnson… 62 GP: 18 goals + 22 assists = 40 points
Teddy Blueger^… 45 GP: 21 goals + 18 assists = 39 points
Ryan Haggerty… 57 GP: 16 goals + 16 assists = 32 points
Sam Lafferty*… 57 GP: 8 goals + 22 assists = 30 points
Tristan Jarry… 39 GP: 20-12-7 / 2.62 GAA / .917 sv%
Anthony Peters… 19 GP: 6-10-2 / 3.28 GAA / .890 sv% / 1 shutout
* = rookie
^ = currently with Pittsburgh
UPCOMING GAME SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Tue, Mar. 19 Hershey Giant Center 7:00 p.m.
Fri, Mar. 22 Lehigh Valley Mohegan Sun Arena 7:05 p.m.
Sat, Mar. 23 Lehigh Valley PPL Center 7:05 p.m.
Sun, Mar. 24 Springfield Mohegan Sun Arena 3:05 p.m.
Wed, Mar. 13 (LW) Jake Lucchini Signed to ATO