GAME PREVIEW: November 23 at Charlotte
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins wrap up their two-game trip to the Queen City tonight, as they look to crown the Charlotte Checkers. The home team took a shootout win on Monday night against the Pens.
Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins (7-5-1-1, 16 pts, .571%, 6th in Atlantic Division) at Charlotte Checkers (10-4-1-1, 22 pts, .688%, 2nd in Atlantic Division)
November 23, 2022 | 7:00 PM ET | Bojangles Coliseum
|DATE||TIME||VISITING TEAM||SCORE||HOME TEAM||SCORE||RESULT|
|Mon., Nov. 21||WBS||4||CLT||5||Loss|
|Wed., Nov. 23||7:00||WBS||—||CLT||—||—|
|Wed., Jan. 4||7:05||CLT||—||WBS||—||—|
|Fri., Jan. 6||7:05||CLT||—||WBS||—||—|
|Sat., Jan. 14||4:00||WBS||—||CLT||—||—|
|Sun., Jan. 15||4:00||WBS||—||CLT||—||—|
|Wed., Apr. 5||7:05||CLT||—||WBS||—||—|
|Sat., Apr. 15||6:05||CLT||—||WBS||—||—|
|GOALS|||||Alex Nylander, Filip Hallander, Alex Nylander – 6|||||Zac Dalpe – 8|
|ASSISTS|||||Xavier Ouellet – 9|||||Riley Nash – 9|
|POINTS|||||Filip Hallander, Alex Nylander – 12|||||Riley Nash – 13|
|PIM|||||Corey Andonovski – 27|||||Connor Bunnaman – 30|
|WINS|||||Dustin Tokarski – 5|||||Alex Lyon – 5|
|GAA|||||Dustin Tokarski – 1.65|||||Mack Guzda – 2.31|
NEWS AND NOTES
Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins
- The Penguins scored two power play goals on Monday, and have scored at least one goal on the man advantage in six of their past seven games.
- Jonathan Gruden netted the team’s first shorthanded goal of the season Monday night.
- Zac Dalpe is tied for 10th in goals across the AHL with eight.
- The Checkers lead the Atlantic Division in the power play with a 24.2% success rate.
- Charlotte has a 6-1-0-0 mark on home ice this season, and the team’s .857 points percentage at Bojangles Coliseum is tops in the league.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s next home game is Black Friday, Nov. 25, against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Opening face-off is set for 7:05 p.m. on an Eyewitness News Fan Friday. Select draft beers are on sale for $2 from 6:00-7:30 courtesy of the PA Prostate Cancer Coalition.
Individual game tickets and season-ticket packages for the 2022-23 season are on sale now. Full-Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Individual Ticket Information
"*" indicates required fields