CROSSCHECK CANCER, PRESENTED BY GEISINGER, THIS SATURDAY
The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins will be raising awareness of and funds for the fight against cancer this Saturday, when they host Crosscheck Cancer Night, presented by Geisinger.
The Penguins and Hershey Bears face off at 6:05pm, but activities will be going on throughout the night.
- ‘I FIGHT FOR’ signs will be available for fans to honor loved ones or friends who have battled the disease.
- Fans can have a temporary pink streak added to their hair on the concourse for a $5 donation, with proceeds going to Candy’s Place.
- A limited number of special t-shirts with the saying ‘My Middle Name Is Hockey’ will be for sale in the Penguins team store. Proceeds from the t-shirts will benefit the Julia Hockey Mazur Foundation. Julia was a long time member of the Penguins ice crew who passed away after a battle with Cancer in November.
- White knit caps with lavender Penguins logos will be available for sale at the GOALS Foundation table near section 108. Proceeds from the sale will benefit local cancer-related charities.
- Several online auctions featuring player-signed mini-sticks, player worn purple ties, signed replica jerseys and a signed goaltender mask, will be available on the DASH auction app. Auctions will benefit local cancer charities.
- Fans can take part in a postgame ice painting session where they can leave messages of support or remembrance for friends and family members who have been affected by the disease. Cost of the painting session is $15, with proceeds benefitting the Pennsylvania Prostate Cancer Coalition.
In addition to Crosscheck Cancer activities, fans will also receive a poster of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins goaltender and 2024 AHL All-Star Joel Blomqvist, courtesy of the Times Leader.
Tickets for Saturday’s contest are available now by calling 570-208-7367 or online at wbspenguins.com.